Thatchers & Glastonbury Festival 2017 – Terms and Conditions – PRIZE DRAW
1. The Thatchers & Glastonbury Festival promotion (“the Promotion”) is open to residents of the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, except employees and their immediate families and household members of Thatchers Cider Company Ltd. (“the Promoter”), its agents or anyone professionally connected to this Promotion. Bulk entries, or entries sent through trade, consumer groups, agents or third parties will not be accepted. Entry to the Promotion shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion consists of one prize draw (“Prize Draw”). No purchase necessary. The Prize Draw will commence at 12:00pm on Monday 10th April 2017 and will end at 11:59pm on Sunday 21st May 2017 (“Prize Draw Promotional Period”). Entries received after the end of the relevant Promotional Period (for whatever reason) will be invalid.
3. In order to enter the Promotion, Internet access and a valid correct email address and telephone number are required.
Prize Draw details
4. Entry to the Prize Draw is limited to one entry, per person. Each valid entry received in the eligibility period will be entered into the Prize Draw. No participant can use their computer to enable multiple entries and set up multiple identities (e.g. by the use of ‘script’ or ‘brute force’). In this event, that person’s entry and all associated entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be voided.
5. No entrant may win more than one prize from this prize draw.
6. Participants may enter the Prize Draw by:
- Visiting Thatchers Cider’s website at www.thatcherscider.co.uk/glastonbury
- Entering their name, e-mail address, telephone number and age and those of the attendee of their choice, and submitting their entry during the Prize Draw Promotional Period
- Answering the question on the website competition page correctly
7. The prize winners for the Prize Draw referred to below will be the first six winners chosen at random from all valid and eligible entries received during the Prize Draw Promotional Period. Draw will take place at 2pm on Monday 22nd May 2017.
8. There are six prizes available. The prize received by each winner will be:
- 2 x standard tickets to the Glastonbury Festival 2017. 1 for the entrant and 1 for an attendee of their choice. Both attendees must be aged 18+
- Tickets are for general admission and are valid from Wednesday 21st June until Monday 26th June 2017. Tickets include souvenir programme, first come first served access to camping space and access to all onsite events.
- Tickets will not include photographs, however the ticketholders will be required to bring photo ID with them to the Festival. All ticket holders will be required to carry photo ID, to identify themselves as the designated ticket holder.
- Please check Glastonbury Festival website for opening times
- This prize is non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and is subject to change
- Glastonbury Festival reserves the right to close to the public, withdraw any attraction, alter times, prices and events or services without notice
All winners will need to adhere to the Glastonbury Festival terms and conditions, which can be found here: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/ticket-info/#TCS
9. All other expenses not specified in these terms are not included and are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and his/her guests, including any parking, spending money, meals, beverages, personal services and expenses, gratuities, travel costs and other incidental costs.
10. Winners will be notified by telephone and email on Monday 22nd May 2017. If you are a winner, you must respond by 11:59pm on Monday 29th May 2017 to claim your prize. Winners’ names and counties will be made available from 28 days after the draw date by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Promoter’s address:
Thatchers Cider Company Ltd.,
Each prize winner may be required to send proof of age to the Promoter to validate the prize.
11. In order to claim his or her prize, each prize winner will be asked to provide an address in the United Kingdom to which the prize documents should be delivered, by return email or such other method of communication as specified in the notification. The prize documents will be delivered no later than 48 hours prior to the event. The Promoter will not be liable if any prize fails to reach a prize winner or if a prize winner cannot take it for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, if any prize is damaged during delivery, or if the Promoter is unable to contact a winner, including due to his or her provision of inaccurate or incomplete information.
12. If a prize winner cannot be contacted or does not respond by 11:59pm on Monday 29th May 2017, if the telephone number and/or e-mail address is out of service or does not exist, the winner is ineligible, the winner’s entry is invalid or disqualified or the winner has otherwise failed to comply with these terms and conditions, such potential winner forfeits all rights to any prize and an alternative winner will be chosen at random from the remaining valid and eligible entries that formed part of the original draw in which that ineligible prize winner took part.
13. No cash or other alternatives are available to the prizes which are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with alternative prizes and free gifts of equal or greater value if outside the reasonable control of the promoter. Prizes are non-transferable.
14. The Promoter will not be responsible under any circumstances, for any entries/claims undelivered for any reason. Nor will the promoter be liable for any person not being able to enter or claim for any reason, including system failures, network error, or personal computer issues. Proof of submission on-line will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering the “Prize Draw”, you consent to the use of your personal data by the Promoter as set out in these terms and conditions.
17. Personal information will be used by the Promoter, and shared with the Promoter’s external partners and agencies, for the purposes of administrating this Promotion and the awarding of prizes.
18 By opting in and thereby allowing the Promoter to use their details for future marketing purposes, participants accept that the Promoter will share their personal data with external partners and agencies in order to facilitate future marketing communications from the Promoter.
19. Winners will be required to take part in publicity relating to the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, you agree to the use of your name and image by the Promoter for such purposes in any media without further compensation.
20. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
21. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of facilitating the Promotion unless you have agreed to its use for any other purpose.
22. You agree that the Promoter and its affiliates and agents, and their employees, directors and shareholders, will be held harmless by you for any liability, loss or damage of any kind resulting in any way from participation in the Promotion other than for death or personal injury arising from their negligence or any other loss to the extent that such loss may not be excluded or restricted by law. The Promoter makes no express or implied warranties with respect to the free gifts or prizes.
23. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
24. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ for more information.
Promoter: Thatchers Cider Company Ltd., Myrtle Farm, Sandford, Somerset, BS25 5RA.
Prize draw T&Cs (Short T&Cs)
Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email on Monday 22nd May 2017. If you are a winner, you must respond by 11:59pm on Monday 29th May 2016 to claim your prize. Open to UK residents 18+ only. Normal exclusions apply. No purchase necessary. Closes on the 21/05/2017. Maximum one prize per household. Prize consists of 2 x standard tickets to Glastonbury Festival for 6 x winners. For full T’s&C’s click here.